Cavadas' Mexican Wraps
I have a 2008 31 PC and I spend every weekend on the boat from April 15th through October 15th rain or shine---enjoy!
Formula 31 PC Owner
- 6 ounces - Light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup - Salsa drained, plus more for dipping
- 1 tablespoon - Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 avocado - Thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon - Lime juice
- 8 (8-inch) - Flour tortillas or wheat tortillas
- 2 cups - Fresh baby spinach
- 1 - Red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 - Yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, salsa, chili powder, and salt. In a separate small bowl, lightly sprinkle the avocado with the lime juice to prevent browning.
- Trim each tortilla to make a roughly 6-1/2-inch square. Spread 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on a tortilla. Arrange 2 rows of spinach in the center of the tortilla, then top them with a row each of red pepper, yellow pepper, and avocado. Roll the tortilla up tightly and wrap it in plastic wrap. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Refrigerate the rolls for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
- Right before serving, slice the rolls crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces and spoon extra salsa into a bowl for dipping. Serves 10 to 12.
Great appetizer for hot Summers on the boat!