Formula Fiesta Dip
We have a 280 Sun Sport that we keep on Lake Wawasee, in northern Indiana. Our 280 is the perfect boat for this busy lake. It takes the rough waves smoothly and protects us from the wind. On sultry days, we open the windshield and sun ourselves on the bow and our children love to cannonball off the bow. On summer evenings, we put the table in the aft cockpit and share a sunset cruise with friends. I have included one of our best recipes for boating- delicious and very portable. Thanks for designing such a great boat!
Larry and Monica Weigand
- 1 11-ounce can - Shoe peg corn (small white kernels, drained)
- 1 16-ounce can - Black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup - Diced red onion
- 1 each - Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 each - Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup - Creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup - Ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon each - Garlic powder, black pepper and chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon - Tabasco® sauce
Mix the Creamy Italian and Ranch dressings, garlic powder, black pepper, chili powder and Tabasco sauce. Chill for six hours to blend flavors*. Combine the corn, black beans, onion and jalapeno. Toss with the dressing and serve with tortilla chips.
*This still tastes great even if you whip it up at the last minute!