Zippy Shrimp and Crab Dip
Part of the fun of boating on your Formula is the opportunity to share good times with friends and family. And what better way to spend part of your time on board than enjoying a tasty snack after an action-packed day on the water?
Formula 382 FAS3TECH® owner and part-time gourmet cooking student Arlene Spellberg shares a delicious seafood snack. Her Zippy Shrimp and Crab spread is quick and easy to prepare from staples you can keep on board. This is a great appetizer to munch on while you're waiting for your salmon to slow grill. Thanks, Arlene!
- 2 8-ounce packages - Cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon - Seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon - Worcestershire® sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon - Onion powder
- 1 12-ounce bottle - Seafood sauce
- 1 tablespoon - Prepared horseradish
- 12-ounces - Frozen or canned baby shrimp or crab & shrimp mix (1/2 & 1/2 – 6 oz. of each)
- Minced parsley or scallions - For garnish
Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce and onion powder. Spread onto a 13 inch plate (like a pizza crust - with a bit of an outside edge). Mix the seafood sauce and horseradish in a small bowl. Spread on top of the cream cheese mixture. Top with the seafood and garnish. Serve with assorted crisp crackers.
Carry-on tip: Arlene likes to make this dip in advance in a plastic pie plate with a lid (like Tupperware®). She keeps on board in the refrigerator and pulls out for snack time, using the lid for crackers.