Oatmeal Snack Attack Cookies
Get ready to kick off your Formula Spring boating this delicious make-ahead snack to carry on board. Make them during the week as your schedule allows and you're all set to snack well once you're on board for the weekend!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) - Butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cup - Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup - Granulated sugar
- 2 each - Large eggs
- 2 tablespoons - Milk
- 2 teaspoons- Vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups - All-purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon - Baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups - Quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup - Semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup - Dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup - Pecans, chopped
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugars until well mixed. Add eggs, milk and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Add oats and mix just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chunks, cranberries and pecans. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 13 minutes (10 to 11 minutes for a chewy cookie). Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.