Shirley's Seafood Pasta
My husband Barry and I have been proud owners of Formula boats for 29 years, having bought our first Formula in 1980. We've had four boats over 29 years, all of which have been Formulas---the 233 LS, 242 LS, 311 SR-1 and our latest the 370 SS...the best boat yet, although we've loved every Formula we have owned.
Our family grew up "boating" and we feel that added greatly to our family ties. We have enjoyed several Formula Rendezvous and have had the pleasure of touring the Formula factory in Decatur, Indiana. We feel like we are part of the Formula family.
Below is a recipe for my Shirley's Seafood Pasta Salad. It gets raves when served to guests we take out on our 370 SS "Second Wind!"
Shirley & Barry Webber
- 1/2 cup - Light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup - Italian salad dressing (Good Seasons® made fresh is best)
- 1/4 cup - Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups - Small pasta shells or twists, uncooked
- 2 cups - Cooked medium shrimp (not frozen) (or combine one cup shrimp and one cup crab or lobster meat for a special treat)
- 1/4 cup - Chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup - Chopped red bell pepper
- 4 green onions - Thinly sliced
- 2 small - Celery stalks, sliced
- 3/4 cup - Frozen peas
- 1/2 package - Grape tomatoes, used whole or halved
- 1/2 cup - Sliced black olives (or 1/2 of a 6-ounce can of whole small pitted olives)
- To taste - Fresh ground pepper
Cook pasta and drain. Combine Italian salad dressing, mayo and Parmesan cheese to make dressing. Combine the pasta and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing mixture over pasta mixture. Mix well. Cover and chill overnight. Toss lightly and top with a little Parmesan cheese before serving--enjoy!