Orange Almond Salad
This salad can toss together in an instant in your Formula galley or cockpit! Make the dressing at home and store in your cooler or refrigerator.
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon - Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons - Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons - Fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup - Extra virgin olive oil
- To taste - Sugar
Whisk the mustard, balsamic vinegar and orange juice in a small bowl.
Whisk in the olive oil until well blended.
Taste and adjust with a sprinkle or two of sugar if necessary.
Store in a covered container. Shake well before serving.
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 bag - Butter lettuce, prewashed and cut (or your favorite pre-cut lettuce)
- 1 15 oz can - Mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 each - Green onions, washed and sliced
- 1/2 cup - Honey roasted almond slices