James Devenny's Grilled Potatoes
These potatoes are delicious as a side for burgers and dogs or grilled steaks! This easy side dish cooks up on the grill in individual foil packets. Prepare one foil packet per person. Ingredients are for one packet.
- 1 each - Red-skinned potato, washed and thinly sliced
- To taste - Onion salt
- 3 each - White onion rings, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon - Green or black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons - Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon - Bacon bits
- 1 each - Foil sheet (precut sheets are just the right size)
- As needed - Vegetable oil spray
Spray the sheet of foil with vegetable oil spray. Layer the potatoes in the middle and sprinkle with the onion salt. Top with the sliced onions, olives and cheese. Sprinkle the bacon bits on top. Fold the sides to make a packet and cook on a hot grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
Variation: Fiesta Potatoes
Substitute: Thick and hearty chili and jalapeños instead of the olives and bacon bits.