Formula Guard provides Formula owners with peace of mind by incorporating comprehensive product warranties, a vast network of authorized service providers, factory-based technical support via the Technical Assistance Group or TAG, a cloud-based maintenance management system (Vessel Vanguard), and a complimentary 95 day GOLD level membership to Sea Tow’s on-water emergency service.
Formula Limited Warranty
Each Formula boat is covered by a combination of OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and extended warranties providing comprehensive coverage for most parts and accessories, including drive train components, for a full five years. Two key differences between Formula’s warranty coverage and its competitors’:
- “Inclusionary” coverage – all components and accessories, unless specifically excluded in the Terms & Conditions, are covered for 5 years. No more denied claims due to terminology or inadvertent omissions in the policy language.
- No limit of liability – coverage remains in effect for 5 years regardless of dollars paid in claims.
Below is a brief summary of coverage. Please refer to the Formula Limited Warranty document (click here) for the detailed Warranty Statement, including Terms & Conditions, Limitations and Exclusions.
- One (1) year — Materials and workmanship, including most materials, components and accessories used in the boat’s construction.
- Two (2) years — Canvas products manufactured by FORMULA BOATS (e.g., cockpit covers).
- Two (2) years — Gel coat finish, to include protection against osmotic blistering, air voids, and crazing/cracking.
- Two (2) years — Painted graphics (not bottom paint) and clear coat finishes.
- Five (5) years — Cockpit upholstery items manufactured by FORMULA BOATS.
- Five (5) years — Equipment and accessories NOT manufactured by FORMULA BOATS; Major equipment and accessories NOT manufactured by FORMULA BOATS (e.g., engines, outdrives, generators, navigational electronics, etc.) shall be covered by the respective original equipment manufacturers’ warranties – periods generally ranging from one (1) to five (5) years – and thereafter by the Formula Limited Warranty for a combined total of five (5) years.
- Ten-years (10) — Hull and deck structure. Structural elements include fiberglass, fiberglass-reinforced stringers, matrix grid systems, bulkheads, and pultrusions.
Formula Authorized Service Network
Formula’s dealer network includes a vast network (125+) of professional, factory-trained service providers who are authorized to perform and coordinate service and warranty work on Formula boats. Invited to partner with Formula based on their skill sets, product knowledge and reputations for professionalism, Formula’s Authorized Service Centers provide Formula owners some of the finest service alternatives available anywhere. To locate Formula sales and/or service dealers (click here). Or, download the mobile app to search on your mobile phone or tablet.
Formula Dealer Locator App
Technical Assistance Group (TAG)
Formula’s Technical Assistance Group, or TAG, provides boat owners with a conduit to the Formula factory for technical assistance, warranty and parts information. Whether you are a current owner seeking direction on a warranty issue, or a buyer looking for information to help you decide on a new boat, this team of friendly, knowledgeable professionals is available Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm to provide assistance with whatever your need may be. Call (260) 724-1412, or address an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After Hours Customer Call Center
Because some problems just can’t wait… after-hours calls to TAG’s new-boat owner line (260-724-1412) are fielded by experienced technicians weeknights after 4:30 PM and all day on weekends and holidays!
VesselVanguard Maintenance Management System
Each new Formula boat comes standard with a 5-year subscription to Vessel Vanguard (Go to Web Site), a cloud-based service that lets owners view, manage and share information about their boats’ maintenance and service online, whenever and wherever needed.
- VesselVanguard replaces countless paper manuals and documents with an online Boat Profile that consolidates all boat documents within one smart interface.
- Task Alerts arrive via email or text, alerting owners and service providers to upcoming maintenance tasks; owners simply click to view, assign and document all maintenance activity online.
- VesselVanguard makes it easier and more likely that required and recommended maintenance gets done – preserving warranties, lowering ownership costs, improving boat performance, reducing downtime, increasing resale value and enhancing the overall enjoyment of boat ownership and fun times on the water.
Sea Tow 95-day Membership
Each new Formula boat comes with a free 95-day trial membership to Sea Tow (click here), an on-water emergency service provider. Benefits include
- 24/7 Expert Service, Nationwide
- Free Boat Towing, Fuel Delivery, Covered Groundings, Jumpstarts
- Sea Tow Savings Club Discounts on Fuel, Lodging and More…
Downloads & Documentation
Formula Limited Warranty – Model Year 2016 – 2017 (.pdf – 130 KB)
AMT Formula Guard Terms and Conditions 2010-2015 (.pdf – 74 KB)
INDS 2009 FORMULA GUARD (.pdf – 66 KB)
INDS 2008 FORMULA GUARD (.pdf – 312 KB)
Owner’s Manuals (2009 – present)
Sun Sport & Bowrider (.pdf – 3 MB)
Super Sport & PC (.pdf – 1MB)
Yacht (.pdf – 6 MB)
FAS3TECH (.pdf – 5 MB)
Owner’s Manuals (2008 & prior)
Sun Sport & Bowrider (.pdf – 2 MB)
Super Sport & PC (.pdf – 3MB)
FAS3TECH (.pdf – 2 MB)